This time lets talk about Pipeline Automation!
Come at 23rd November 18:30 to Zaļā iela 1, 4th floor (Microsoft Latvia office).
Agenda of Pipeline Automation focused 60th DevClub.lv:
- Roman Shumkov from Intexsys will give a talk “Continuous Delivery Pipeline at High Scale”
Lessons learned from implementing Continuous Delivery Pipeline using PHP, Symfony2, Behat, PhantomJS, Deployer, Docker and Bamboo.Some highlights:– Build Automation with 30+ hours of build time per day
– Continuous Integration with 500+ hours of testing time per day
– Horizontal Scalability
– 20-30 minutes for code changes to be built, tested and delivered to production
(Language — Russian)
Tags: CI, CD, Symfony2, Docker, Behat, PhantomJS, Deployer, Bamboo
Roman is a Software Architect at Intexsys with more than 14 years of experience in IT industry.
- Arturs Bartusevics from Tieto Latvia will give a talk “Reusable Jenkins Configuration and Automation for Enterprises”
– A problem with Jenkins setup and configuration in the large enterprises;- Conception “Jenkins + Docker + Jenkins Plugins + Scripts”
– Getting Jenkins, which is ready to automate everything, in 5 minutes;
– Setup of Automation with Jenkins as a repeatable enterprise standard;
– Demo, demo, demo…
(Language — Latvian)
Tags: Jenkins, Continuous Delivery, Automation
Arturs is Senior Configuration Manager at Tieto Latvia, professors assistant at RTU, Unit of Software Engineering. Arturs has 9 years experience working with automation of software deliveries and implementation of continuous deployment and delivery processes. At 2015 has defended PHD diploma at RTU.
- Dmitry Buzdin from Riga DevDays will give a talk “Continuous Testing at Scale”
With the raise of Continuous Delivery test automation is becoming a norm rather than luxury. However, when dealing with high-complexity, large and modular projects you would be disappointed to learn that it is a challenge to set-up a fully automated continuous testing pipeline. The problems you are encountering are tool incompatibility and general lack of suitable solutions to scale out test automation processes. Imagine tens of thousands of automated test cases, which are required to be run for a product to be fully tested.
During this talk Dmitry will answer the following questions:
– How do you run your automated tests in a shortest time frame possible?
– How do you know if your functional test coverage is improving?
– How do you select and run the most appropriate test cases?
– How do you get actionable insight from your testing process results?
– How do you know if it is safe to release software package to production?
This presentation will guide you though a journey of building and improving test automation pipeline based on Jenkins in a large telco organisation with hundreds of thousands test executions performed on daily basis. By looking at this example it would possible to see what tools are missing at the market currently and where test automation industry should focus efforts next. The talk will outline examples of micro services developed to fill the functional gaps. This experience would be beneficial and applicable in your next large-scale CD project.
(Language — Russian)
Tags: Continuous Delivery, Automation, Jenkins
Dmitry is a software architect specialising in Java, DevOps and Test Automation. He and several of his colleagues, has founded a local consultancy company helping customers with fintech solutions. Dmitry is organising Riga DevDays conference, Latvian Java User Group meetups and Rig Test Automation Club events.
Did you know that Intexsys is behind online store, which is selling more than 1 000 000 different products?
Intexsys is currently looking for:
– PHP Developer
– DevOps Engineer
We promise – it will never be boring!
ALSO Cloud Latvia keeps doing awesome stuff and looking for awesome people.
Did you know that Tieto Latvia has a various exciting open positions? JOIN one of our fantastic teams! Tieto Latvia is currently looking for:
– Ruby On Rails Developers
– Java izstrādātājs
– Database Administrator
Did you know that Intrum Justitia Software Development Centre is going to have a new brand and name already in December this year?
Intrum Justitia is looking for:
– PL/SQL Developer
– Test automation specialist
– FullStack .NET Developer/ .NET Programmētājs