This time lets talk about Quality Assurance.
You are welcome on 25th October at 18:30, Zaļā iela 1, 4th floor (Microsoft Latvia office).
Agenda for Quality Assurance focused 68th DevClub.lv:
Rihards Skrebelis from TestDevLab will give a talk “How We Test Audio Quality In VoIP Applications”
Presentation will cover basics of VoIP and different challenges that we had to overcome to develop universal end-to-end solution for audio quality testing in VoIP applications.
(Language – Latvian)
Rihards started working as tester during studies in Riga Techincal University and got Bachelor Degree in 2014 with thesis focused around testing audio quality. Following years parallel to work as QA and test automation engineer co-developed process for evaluating voice call quality. More recently working on developing process for evaluation video call quality.
Kirill Shepitko from Neotech Development will give a talk “Cloud-native apps REST API testing: our story”
“We have an internal framework (open-sourced now) that we use to test our cloud-native apps’ REST API, which is based on an interesting combination of Docker, Testcontainers, Wiremock and Cucumber – such solution makes it easy to use for both – QA engineers and business people. We are happy to share our experience in REST API testing – a path from 0 tests and problems to full coverage and nice test reports.”
(Language – English)
Tags: cloud-native, docker, cucumber, rest, wiremock, kubernetes
Kirill is a Software Architect for multiple teams in Neotech Development, continuously exploring new tech to improve team skillset and efficiency. Working in software development for almost 18 years.
Artyom Ivanov from DYNATECH will give a talk “Test automation challenges. Automate just enough and improve as needed”.
– How well hourglass or cupcake can work when the test pyramid just isn’t there?
– Automating acceptance tests to minimize manual session-based regression testing.
– UI test reliability and maintainability. Setting artificial limits for the test case coverage.
– Agreement on goals and metrics. Bringing automation regardless of the level (UI or lower) to every story and collaboration between developers, manual testers and test automators.
(Language – Russian)
Tags: test-pyramid, acceptance-testing, gitlab-ci, bdd, anti-patterns
Artyom is a Test Automation Engineer, who started working at DYNATECH in 2016 as a Manual Tester and decided to switch his career to make a greater impact on the software delivery process. Since then he has worked in different teams, building compact and low maintenance test suites.
- This time Neotech Development team will be happy to share even more of their experience with you. In our company – people come first! We care about collaboration, growing and advancing our skills together. Seize the opportunity to join the team:
– DevOps Engineer
– Front-End Developer
– App Support Engineer
- At DYNATECH we’ll give you space to grow. With our internal lectures, mentoring programs, in-house school and the possibility to attend international conferences, we’ll make sure you are growing in your desired direction. Want to fulfil your potential? Check out our open vacancies:
- – Back-End Developer
– Front-End Developer
– Database Developer
- ALSO Cloud Latvia keeps doing awesome stuff and looking for awesome people.
- Did you know that Intexsys is behind online store, which is selling more than 1 000 000 different products?
Intexsys is looking for:
– PHP Developer
- – Product Owner
- – iOS Developer
- We promise – it will never be boring!